Pages

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

An Introduction

My name is Andrea and I am a transgender woman. It has taken me a long time to acknowledge and embrace that, but now that I have, I can share myself openly with the world. In this blog I'll be sharing about the journey that has brought me to this point, as well as my ongoing experiences as a transgender woman in contemporary American society.

My perspective is simply that: mine. I don't claim to speak for all transgender people. We are as unique as any other group of people. We have much in common, but my experience should not be taken as the universal transgender experience (which does not exist!). I am happy to respond to questions and inquiries, but my responses will always be from my unique perspective.

I intend for this blog to be interactive, but I will be monitoring all comments before they are posted and will not tolerate demeaning, hateful or disrespectful comments, or any comments that I feel are inappropriate. This is a public online space, but it is my space and I will exercise my right to control the tone and content of what is posted here. Because I know that many transgender people are unfortunately unable to live openly, I will allow anonymous comments, but prefer that you identify yourself and own your comments when possible.

I'm more of a content-oriented person, so while I may add the occasional image or video that I feel enhances the blog in some way, don't come expecting a fantastic web interface. I'm here to inform, to further awareness and acceptance of transgender people and not to keep you entertained.

So with that in mind, welcome to my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment