Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Speaking Out for the LGBTQ Community


Last week, as I wrote previously, was my third coming out birthday, as well as National Coming Out Day. In celebration of that date, and in recognition of its 20th anniversary, the Southern Arizona Gender Alliance threw a little party. This organization, which I am proud to be a member of, educates about, advocates for, and supports the transgender and gender non-conforming community across Southern Arizona and across the state. 

I was honored that night to deliver a speech affirming the significance both of SAGA’s 20 years and National Coming Out Day, which I share here for those who were not able to be present. 

I am proud to be transgender. I am proud to be a woman. I am proud to be a demisexual lesbian. For me it’s about the entire LGBTQ community, and I affirm the right of everyone to live authentically as their true selves and to love whomever they choose. I will not go back into the closet ever again.


No comments:

Post a Comment